PREP TIME 5 minutes | COOK TIME 12 minutes | SERVES 1
NUTRITION 352 Calories | 14 g Fat | 23 g Carbs | 35 g Protein
● 1 teaspoon olive oil
● 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
● 1 cup zucchini, diced into matchsticks
● 1 large egg
● 3/4 cup egg whites
● 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
● 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
● fresh black pepper, to taste
● 1 slice of whole wheat toast
1. Over medium-low heat, heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet.
2. Stir in onion and cook until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add zucchini and season with 1/8 teaspoon salt and black pepper, to taste and cook 3 to 4 more minutes stirring occasionally, until tender.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk egg, egg whites, Parmesan, 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
5. Add eggs to the skillet making sure eggs cover all the vegetables. Cover and cook until the eggs set, about 5 minutes.
6. Flip it over onto your plate and serve with hot sauce, or sriracha if desired and a slice of toast.
Grilled Chicken Panini with Zucchini, Tomato & Mozzarella
PREP TIME 10 minutes | COOK TIME 10 minutes | SERVES 2
NUTRITION 433 Calories | 18 g Fat | 34 g Carbs | 36 g Protein
● 4 slices zucchini, 1/4 inch thick
● 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
● fresh ground pepper, to taste
● 2 pieces grilled chicken cutlets, 2 ounces each
● 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
● 4 thin slices tomato
● chopped fresh basil
● 4 slices sourdough bread, cut 1/4 inch thick (4 oz total)
● olive oil spray
1. Season zucchini with salt and pepper. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
2. Spray with oil and add the zucchini, grill on each side about 2 minutes each, until grill marks form. Set aside.
3. Spray one side of each slice of bread.
4. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Place 2 slices of bread oiled side down on the skillet.
5. Top each piece of bread with 1 ounce of cheese, divide the zucchini on top, grilled chicken, tomato slices and basil and the remaining cheese.
6. Top with the remaining bread oil side up. Use a heavy pot or skillet to press it down and cook until the bottom piece of bread is golden, about 4 to 5 minutes.
7. Use a spatula to carefully flip the sandwich over. Cook until the other slice of bread is golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Serve cut in half and if desired, with your favorite soup.
One Pot Orzo with Sausage, Spinach & Corn
PREP TIME 5 minutes | COOK TIME 35 minutes | SERVES 4
NUTRITION 381 Calories | 12 g Fat | 44 g Carbs | 26 g Protein
● 14 ounces mild Italian chicken sausage
● 1⁄2 medium yellow onion, chopped
● 1 cup frozen corn kernels
● 1 cup dry orzo
● 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
● 3 cups packed baby spinach
● 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan
● Freshly ground black pepper
1. Remove the sausage from the casing and add it to a heavy bottom sauce pot or Dutch oven.
2. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, breaking it up with a wooden spoon.
3. Add the onion and corn (no need to thaw) and sauté for 10 minutes.
4. Add the orzo and chicken broth, stir to combine then bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring every few minutes and scraping the bottom of the pot to make sure the orzo doesn’t stick.
6. Remove from the heat, add the spinach, stir and cover for a few minutes couple minutes, until the spinach has wilted.
7. Top with freshly grated parmesan and black pepper, to taste and serve.
Peach Pie Cottage Cheese Bowl
PREP TIME 5 minutes | COOK TIME 10 minutes | SERVES 3
NUTRITION 272 Calories | 9 g Fat | 25 g Carbs | 31 g Protein
● Olive oil spray
● 2 ripe peaches, pitted, peeled and diced
● 1 teaspoon brown sugar
● 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
● 2 cups low fat cottage cheese, I like Good Culture
● 2 tablespoons chopped shelled pistachios
● Drizzle of honey, optional
1. Heat a small skillet over medium heat and spray lightly with oil.
2. Add the peaches, brown sugar, and cinnamon and mix to combine. Leave undisturbed and cook for 1 minute. Mix and cook for an additional minute. Transfer to a bowl or plate and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
3. Scoop 1 cup of cottage cheese into 2 bowls.
4. Top each bowl with 1⁄2 the peaches and 1 tablespoon each of pistachios. Drizzle with honey, if desired.